There’s no arguing the fact that road trips are exciting, adventurous and a great way to relax and rejuvenate. However, proper planning is crucial to make the most of a road trip, especially when travelling with friends or family.
11 Tips for a pleasant and safe road adventure:
- Make sure you check the condition of your vehicle with your mechanic.
- Have an additional car key handy during the travel.
- Don’t forget to carry the First Aid kit.
- Carry healthy snacks like nuts, dry fruits, seeds and fruits rather than relying on the food joints along the way.
- Do take extra cash. Remember to have your credit/debit cards as well.
- Be sure of the route. GPS would help though. However, don’t always rely on that. Study the route before you start.
- Ensure you wear comfortable, light-weight clothing. Wear polarized sunglasses to avoid glares.
- Travel during the off-season — this way, you can enjoy more. Also try to avoid holiday weekends.
- Plan your schedule in such a way that you avoid driving through cities during peak traffic hours.
- Take frequent breaks. When you feel drowsy, take some rest and then continue.
- Never text or speak over your phone while driving. Have someone else attend your calls if required.