15 Unknown Facts About Our Mother Earth

Do you want to know the bitter truth about our Earth's water? read more...


Have you ever wondered about what this beautiful planet is made of? Have you wondered about its rotations hours? 

Here are the facts for those who are interested in knowing the interesting facts about our Mother Earth.

  1. The name Earth is formed from a combination of old English and Germanic and it is derived from “Eor(th)e” and”ertha” which gives the meaning “Ground” 

  2. Our Mother Earth weighs about 5,974,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Kilograms which is nearly equal to 6 septillion kilograms.

  3. It is believed that Earth does not rotate for all 24 hours. Scientists say that It rotates only for 23 hours, 56 minutes, 4 seconds. 🙂

  4. We all believe that there are 366 days a leap year. But scientists say that there are only 365.2564 days for every leap year in which the extra day is added with February for every 4 years once.

  5.  We call our Mother Earth a Blue planet because 70% of the Earth’s surface is filled with water. But the bitter truth is that only 3% is covered with fresh drinking water and the remaining 97% is salted water.

  6. Of this 3% of fresh water, more than 2% covers the ices and glaciers. Which means less than 1% covers the lakes and ponds. #savewaterfriends

  7. One-third of our Earth’s surface is either particulate or fully is covered by the desert area. Seriously!!!

  8. In Earth’s Core, you can find Nickel-Iron properties, so when Earth rotates, it produces a powerful magnetic field or layer which self protects it from effects of solar heat, wind, etc

  9. Earth is considered the 2nd densest planets with a density of 5.52 grams per cubic centimeter among other planets in the solar system.

  10. Since the Earth is filled with water the reflection from the sun makes it look more bright. So, Earth is the brightest planet among the other planets.
  11. Our Mother Earth is the only planet in the solar system where the solar eclipse can happen.

  12. Earth is the only planet in the solar system which has water in all three forms (liquid, solid, & gas).

  13. We all believe that the Earth is in the shape of a circle. But it is not actually in round shape. Our Earth is really in the shape of a geoid.

  14. Lightning strikes the earth at a speed of 100 times per second. Well, that’s 8.6 million times per day. Jeez!!

  15. Scientists have theorized that our earth itself is almost 5 billion years old. So this proves our mother earth is actually a Grandma Earth!!!

I hope you all liked my article. Do support me by sharing my article on social media.




Referred websites are:

  1. https://space-facts.com

  2. https://www.space.com/54-earth-history-composition-and-atmosphere.html

  3. https://www.livescience.com/19102-amazing-facts-earth.html





Like it? Share with your friends!

1
7 shares, 1 point
Shrvaani

===== I love everything under this sky ===== In a world where you can be anyone, be yourself. Pet lover | Painter | Budding Writer | Traveller |

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Choose A Format
Image
Photo or GIF
Video
Youtube, Vimeo or Vine Embeds
Story
Formatted Text with Embeds and Visuals
Personality quiz
Series of questions that intends to reveal something about the personality
Trivia quiz
Series of questions with right and wrong answers that intends to check knowledge
Poll
Voting to make decisions or determine opinions
List
The Classic Internet Listicles
Ranked List
Upvote or downvote to decide the best list item