Standing tall at over 828 metres, this man-made spectacle is not just the tallest building of the world; but holds a number of other impressive records under its cap.
- It is the world’s tallest free standing structure.
- With more than 160 stories, it has the most number of stories in the entire world.
- The Burj Khalifa has the highest occupied floors in the world.
- It sports the world’s highest outdoor observation deck — on the 124th floor.
- It has the world’s tallest service elevator that features the longest travel distance (504m). There are a total of 54 elevators the speed of which is up to 40 miles per hour!
Fascinating Facts about the Burj Khalifa
- The Burj Khalifa is thrice as tall as the Eiffel Tower and twice as tall as the Empire State Building.
- 26,000 individually cut glass panels have been used to construct the exterior of this massive building.
- Even if you are 95 km away from the building, you can see the tip of the Burj Khalifa sphere. Just imagine its height!
- There are a total of 37 office floors housing corporate suites.
- It is believed that the weight of the concrete used to construct this building is almost the weight of a hundred thousand elephants!
- The 76th floor houses the second highest swimming pool of the world.
- There are 900 residences in the Burj Khalifa, 160 Armani hotel guestrooms and suites and 144 Armani private residences.
- The magnificent 11-hectare park with six water features is nothing less than a visual treat.
No wonder the Burj Khalifa remains one of the most iconic architectures of the world and is an absolute pride of Dubai. We are sure it’s on your bucket list.
Dont forget to subscribe to our newsletter.