Are you planning to update your kitchen? Well, before you enter the world of remodeling, you have to consider a few things to make this process smoother.
Remodeling a kitchen does demand a lot of effort and of course, a lot of money. You should avoid making costly mistakes. So, what should you avoid?
- Don’t sweat over the small stuff. Small add-ons and storage features might seem small but they are crucial to increase the efficiency of your kitchen.
- The sink, the stove and the refrigerator together form the ‘work triangle’ of your kitchen. Plan their location efficiently.
- Don’t compromise on your counter space. Use shelving supports or decorative corbels to extend this space.
- Don’t do it all by yourself. Yes, the designing part. Even if you are an expert, consult with a kitchen design expert for ideas and tips for better results.
- When the kitchen remodeling work is going on, don’t forget to protect the other rooms of your house from paint drippings, dust and debris.
- Never forget your budget. Plan well in advance and allocate your finances accordingly.
- A kitchen upgrade means a lot and costs a lot. So, be cautious about making new additions and selecting new features to your home.
- Don’t forget the cabinet hardware, flooring, backsplash treatment, and wall colour. Examine how all these elements combine together to put a perfect show.
- There are many homeowners that choose their appliances towards the end after the remodeling work is over. It is a big mistake. Always choose your appliances like the dish washer, refrigerator, and stove first before the actual process.
- Don’t miss out on storage solutions like pantries and super cabinets. They help maximize your kitchen.
Hope this helps.