Are you a tequila expert? Think again.
Here are a few interesting Tequila facts that not even most tequila lovers know about.
- Tequila is made from the blue agave plant, the scientific name of which is Agave tequilana. Now, you know how Tequila got its name.
- The blue agave plants take almost 8 to 12 years to harvest and hence the agave harvest is considered a labour of love.
- Tequila has an appellation of origin. It can be produced only in five regions in Mexico.
- The best way to have Tequila is sip it and not take shots. By sipping, you can savour the complete taste of tequila.
- Blanco tequila is the purest form of tequila. It doesn’t leave you with a hangover. Blanco tequila is devoid of any added sugar or corn syrup.
- The top chefs in the world, inspired by this beverage, go on to create extraordinary food pairings!
- The UNESCO recognizes the magnificent agave landscape of Mexico as a World Heritage Site.
- 600 aromas in Tequila have been identified by the Mexican Academy of Tequila Tasters. So, next time, before sipping tequila, smell it.
- Blanco, Joven, Reposado, Añejo, and Extra Añejo are the 5 official classifications of tequila, from youngest to oldest.
- Tequila is finished with 60 percent water.
- Tequila is known to burn fat and hence considered a healthier option.