Not heard of Curcumin? Of course, the term is less popular than “turmeric”. Well, curcumin is the chief compound present in the herb turmeric. It is this ingredient that gives colour as well as medicinal values to turmeric! Currently, the demand for curcumin cannot be understated.
Have you ever noticed that the common chronic health conditions like arthritis and the Alzheimer’s are less common in Asian countries like India? Well, research has confirmed that it is mainly due to the traditional healthy diets that use liberal amounts of turmeric in these countries. Recently, scientists have confirmed the role of curcumin in providing the much- needed protection against deadly diseases.
How curcumin benefits your body
- Curcumin fights cancer stem cells and multidrug-resistant cancer.
- It lowers uncontrollable joint pain and inflammation.
- It also neutralizes the harmful free radicals, eventually helping in the maintenance of healthy cells.
- Curcumin protects the body against the damages of aging.
- The compound improves heart health by inhibiting formation of LDL.
- It prevents blood platelets from sticking to each other strongly, thereby enhancing circulation and reducing formation of blood clots.
- Curcumin safeguards the body against diseases like Alzheimer’s disease and associated conditions.
- It also takes care of liver and kidney health.
- Curcumin is great for skin care.
- Moreover, curcumin helps combat depression, promote digestion, support cognitive function, and prevent/treat diabetes.
Start using turmeric consistently in your daily diet or choose a good curcumin supplement to reap its extensive health benefits.